neon v1.1.3 released!
Dec 03, 2015
Dec 03, 2015
Highlights from this release include:
* deconvolution and weight histogram visualization examples and documentation
* CPU convolution and pooling layer speedups (~2x faster)
* bAbI question and answer interactive demo, dataset support.
* various ImageLoader enhancements.
* interactive usage improvements (shortcut Callback import, multiple Callbacks init, doc updates, single item batch size support)
* set default verbosity level to warning
* CIFAR10 example normalization updates
* CUDA detection enhancements [#132]
* only parse batch_writer arguments when used as a script, allow undefined global_mean [#137, #140]
As always, you can grab this release from github at: https://github.com/NervanaSystems/neon
Fig. 1: Deconvolution visualization example
Fig. 2: Weight histogram visualization example
We are excited to announce the release of neon™ 2.3.0. It ships with significant performance improvements for Deep Speech 2 (DS2) and VGG models running on Intel® architecture (IA). For the DS2 model, our tests show up to 6.8X improvement1,4 with the Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL) backend over the NumPy CPU backend with…
We are excited to announce the availability of neon™ 2.1 framework. An optimized backend based on Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL), is enabled by default on CPU platforms with this release. neon™ 2.1 also uses a newer version of the Intel ® MKL for Deep Neural Networks (Intel ® MKL-DNN), which features optimizations for…
neon™ is a deep learning framework created by Nervana Systems with industry leading performance on GPUs thanks to its custom assembly kernels and optimized algorithms. After Nervana joined Intel, we have been working together to bring superior performance to CPU platforms as well. Today, after the result of a great collaboration between the teams, we…
Keep tabs on all the latest news with our monthly newsletter.